Grown-up Slushies (aka Blue Hawaiians)

I made these drinks last weekend, inspired by one I had at Osaka.  They were the only thing saving me from a total breakdown when at-home sushi night went bad (huuuge mess, cranky baby, stale seaweed, bad crab that lingered in the air, gaaah.)  But ahhh, a cool, blue, tropical drink to save the night...or maybe it was spending a weekend night with my sweet husband and baby (that stopped being cranky once we gave him some dinner and attention...am I talking about Dan or Luke??)
Here you go...you don't have to wait until the weekend to make these...I won't tell!

















Blue Hawaiian
from Gourmet Magazine May 2003 via epicurious.com

Serves 2
  • 3 oz (1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons) light rum
  • 2 oz (1/4 cup) blue Curaçao
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice (I bought a 6-pack of individual six ounce cans, for future drinks!)
  • 1/4 cup well-stirred canned cream of coconut (not coconut milk) such as Coco López (I found a can of cream of coconut in the hispanic foods aisle, not sure what brand.  Pour it out into a bigger bowl, whisk until mixed together, because it will be separated.  Then, I poured the extra in ice cube trays for future drinks!)
  • 3 cups ice cubes
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Comments

Popular Posts