Cocoa Lace Cookies
Warning: Do not make these unless you are willing to accept that you will keep eating them and keep eating them just like a bag of potato chips. These cocoa lace cookies were brought to our family by a neighbor when I was a kid. When my sweet tooth hit me yesterday (like everyday), I decided to check out some old recipes in my hand-written recipe book I've been keeping for a few years. Cocoa Lace Cookies were just the cure for my sweets craving. I had all the ingredients AND they only take minutes to prepare and bake. They are thin, crispy, caramely, slightly chocolatey, nutty and chewy - all at once. Maybe I'll bring them to one of my neighbors... Oh wait, like I said at the beginning of the post, I ate almost all of them.
Cocoa Lace Cookies
recipe from Vicki Orange
Makes about 2 dozen.
Ingredients
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or hazelnuts (I used hazelnuts this time)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
parchment paper (a must-have for these cookies)
powdered sugar
In small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, and nuts. Set aside. In a small/medium saucepan, melt butter on low. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring mixture to boil over medium and cook for a couple minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and dry ingredients. On parchment-lined cookie sheets, drop batter by teaspoon about 3-4 inches apart. Bake for 8-8 1/2 minutes at 350 degrees. Let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.
![]() |
| Very thin, drippy batter |
![]() |
| Drop teaspoons of batter 3-4 inches apart (mine are too close) |
![]() |
| I dropped the batter a bit too close together, so it spread into some giant cookies! Just break them apart, no worries! |
![]() |
| Stack of Cocoa Lace Cookies |
![]() |
| Mmm, so thin and crispy! |
![]() |
| CRUNCH! and they are fragile... |







Chocolate cookies?? Yes, please!! I'll have to give these a try.
ReplyDelete